Wednesday, April 30, 2008
My apologies to Dilip and Bhavin for having accepted your testimonials so late. But better late than never, right guys?? :)..
PS: The "something good" part does not apply to Sriwatsan's testimonial. Although I accepted it because it was funny.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Looks like I am the last one to reply among Nat's List. Anyway, better late than never. :)
1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
The Great Debaters - Good moving with amazing dialogues.
2. What book are you reading
Started reading "The Chamber" by Grisham, and there is a good chance that I will dump this half way. The story is stuck in the same place for the last 100 pages.
3. Favorite board game?
Would love to play Chess, Carrom, although i am not good at any of these.
4. Favorite magazine?
5. Favorite smells?
Smell of a new car. :)
6. Favorite sounds?
Kunnakudi's Violin and flowing water amidst forests.
7. Worst feeling in the world?
When someone blames me for something that I din't do.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
Oh No.. its morning already!!!
9. Favorite fast food place?
Hardly used to eat in fast-foods :). Gramin in Koramangala is one of my favorite restaurants though'.
10. Future child’s name?
Haven't decided, but will definitely start with an "i" :P
50% charity, 50% for me :D.
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
13. Storms - cool or scary?
14. Favorite drink?
15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?
Go back and read some high school physics and chemistry :D.
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
Whats broccolli ;).
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
Bangalore, Chennai, Tucson, Bay Area.
19. Favorite sports to watch?
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
Natasha - A good and sweet friend who gives homeworks :).
21. What’s under your bed?
Some books, and some junk(due to lack of closet space).
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
Only if I can remember what all I did in this life, I would like to carry it over from where i left it :P.
23. Morning person, or night owl?
Def night owl!!!
24. Over easy, or sunny side up?
Looks like this is some 'egg' related Q. I don't eat egg in "direct" form, so N/A.
25. Favorite place to relax?
Park bench with lot of greenery and shade.
26. Favorite pie?
27. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Dilip. The rest are already on Nat's list. Cheating Nat!!! :P
Friday, April 4, 2008
1. Google Reader: Spent 2-3 hours subscribing to all the interesting RSS feeds on the net. Digg, Engadget, Scientific American, MAKE magazine, PhdComics, and many more. The advantage of Google reader is that I now spend 2 hours everyday reading all the junk stories on all the popular sites on the internet. On a serious note, some of them are very informative. Also, to my fellow bloggers, I have subscribed to your blogs, and I no longer need to visit your page to see if you have posted something. My apologies, if the hit count on your blogs, do not go up as much as they used to.
2. wget() : I downloaded the entire vyasamadhwa.org site. The site mainly has discourses in Kannada on topics like Mahabharata, BhagavadGita etc. wget is a sooper command which can download content from the web. It has some really cool options. To know more about wget, type man wget on Linux. Windows users use google :)
3. carprices.com: Which car do i buy? New one or second hand? merits, demerits? Can i afford one? Do I want a new one? These are just a few questions that are bothering the graduating batch at UoA. :). carprices.com is a decent place to start to know what you can and cannot afford, before you get into the details.
4. LICENSE!! : I almost forgot. We rented a car last weekend, and I finally got my driving license. Huge Relief!!!!
5. LOTR Marathon: I watched 6hrs of non-stop Lord of the Rings. What started of as a one-DVD-a-day thing, ended up being an all-night thing. Just couldn't control myself after The Two Towers. I started Return of the Kings at 12:45AM and it went on till 4:45AM, all thanks to Bhavin's extended DVD set. :D
Hope I get to do some useful stuff this week.