Friday, February 8, 2008

A 'Tax'ing Ordeal

YESS!!!!... I am done filing my taxes. Phew!!, I am sure, I dint spend this much time, to even make the money, for which I am paying taxes :).. But, if it was not for Intuit's Tax Freedom Project, this whole process would have been a bigger nightmare. Seriously the tax forms in the US are much worse than India's forms. Add to that all this complexity of Federal Tax and individual state taxes, sometimes, you just want to give up. But then, Uncle Sam generously held back 20% of my salary in taxes, when i owed him only 10%. So, I had to fight it out, and I WON!!!. :D

For all those people in the US, I would definitely recommend Intuit's Tax Freedom. You can e-file your taxes here, and if you have earned less than 30K last year, you can file for FREE.. BTW, this is a legitimate site referenced by a AZ Govt Site. So, I guess its safe to use.

Happy filing!!

7 comments:

Parag said...

Tell me how much are they paying you for this..I'll follow :P

Karthik said...

This is a sincere recommendation. Unfortunately, i have this bad reputation, where people think I get a cut of the profits, when i promote something. That said, lets discuss details offline :P

Natasha said...

why haven't you used cintax? What's the benefit of this s/w?

Karthik said...

cintax will only fill the form for you. You have to attach all the docs and snail mail it to IRS. Also, cintax only does federal tax. It will not do state tax for you.

This does an e-file and you can also do your state taxes. It pulls all the information you entered for your federal into your state tax forms.

dilip said...

TREAT!!! TREAT!!!! TREAT!!!
Saved 10% moree...Soooper...Now treat!!

Karthik said...

I was expecting that i have to pay only 5% in taxes, but i ended up paying 10%. So, its actually a loss of 5%. :(

dilip said...

Juguuu nan MAGA!!! :)