Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Andaz Apna Apna



Well.. obviously this is not a review for Andaz Apna Apna. Firstly, I badly wanted to write about something, but couldn't think of anything, and secondly I was watching this movie yesterday for the zillionth time. And I never get bored of this movie. This is one of the best comedy movies ever. Importantly, comedy is part of it from the first scene to the last scene, unlike other comedy movies, which tend to cross the stupidity line somewhere in the movie. I remember watching this movie with my cousin, and we would rewind it and watch a few scenes over and over, and literally fall on the floor laughing. So famous is this movie still, that, dialogues in them, are part of our conversation now here at UoA. People literally wait for an opportunity to use them. Some of the famous dialogues

"Tum lo tum lo, tumhare birthday he."
"Tumhe than, man aur Dhan se sweekar karonga"
and the best.. "Sir lakh lakh ke pachas cheque honge sir"

If you cant recollect these dialogues, its time to watch it again. Enjoy!!

PS: I thought zillion was some number like billion trillion. It turns out that, its just a fictitious number, used to imply a very large number. Fact for the day :).

8 comments:

Tapasya said...

Its been a while since I saw the movie - but yes, it is one of THE BEST comedy movies of Bollywood (others include Chupke Chupke and Golmaal; and Munnabhai MBBS). Thanks for reminding those dialogues!!

I remember this one discretely:

"Tum jo ho woh tum nahi koi aur hai, woh jo hai woh woh nahi koi aur hai, main jo hoon woh main nahi, ya main bhi koi aur hoon? Main kaun hoon?"

and also this one:

"Ye Vasco De Gama ki gun hai"...."Kiske mama ki gun?"

ROTFL

dilip said...

Man...I can only say, You do really have a dearth of topics..:)
By the way i hadn’t even heard of this movie, so maybe time to watch it..;-) Though I am little skeptical about your definition of “Comedy”!! ;)

Tapasya said...

*since I've seen

(I must add that when I sleep-type, English suddenly becomes alien to me, lol. Anyway, who cares for the "saw" vs the "seen" issue...i just checked a few grammar websites to verify that the usage is dialect-related and context-specific. Whatever that means :D)

Karthik said...

@tapasya,

ohh.. yeah. the first one is a sooperb dialogue, but I dint have the patience to type it out. Thanks for that :)

@dilip,

What!!!.. You havent watched this movie.. Well, i cant tell you more. The fact that i have written a blog about it should tell you. Anyway, whenever you have 2hr 42mins to spare, watch it. :)

Parag said...

Its literally part of everyday conversation..like "batla danny", "sabko milega sabko milega", and my fav "galti se mishtake ho gaya" :D. And I like the songs from the movie too.

Karthik said...

i totally forgot abt "sabko milega" :).. and what is "batla danny".. I guess i have see a few more times to figure this out :D

Deepthi said...

Its a very good movie , no doubt in that ..Can keep watching any number of times without getting bored ..
I particularly like the jail scene ..Aamir is made to cut the ribbon to enter the cell with 'Papa kehte hai..' song in the background :)

Andaz Apna Apna Movie said...

I love this movie... thanks for sharing your thoughts...